Saturday, June 22, 2013

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand

There have already been so many times here that, not only do I not know what date it is, I have no idea what day of the week it is!  Countless times my mom and I have said to each other, "What'd we do yesterday?"  That's what summer is all about!  So, whatever day it may be, let me tell you what we've been doing!

My mom was winding down her vacation this past week, and Jaden and I spent a majority of our days and nights with her.  She mostly stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, which is one of Jaden's favorite places.  Can you blame him?! 
This is one of their six pools!
While Jaden hopped from pool to pool, I headed to the beach.  One of my friends from high school lives here with her husband.  She decided that I needed to go stand up paddleboarding with her and her dog, Roxi.  If Roxi can do it, so can I, right?  Needless to say, it's harder than it looks.
Ok, so in this picture, I'm technically not a SUP'er but in the photos where I am standing, I look borderline obese.  I'm not posting those, obviously.  My blog, my rules.  Deal with it ;)

Before we left Texas, I bought a groupon to go on a two hour canoe ride, so we decided to take advantage of our last day with a rental car.  I was able to coerce Jaden out of the pool long enough to put a paddle in his hand and throw him in the canoe with me.  I wasn't aware of how much paddling we would have to do, but we had a great time.  Our tour guide was born and raised on the North Shore (remember how much I love that place?) and knew sooooooo much about the history and tradition of Hawaii.  He was a history and science teacher all wrapped into one person!  Here are a few pic's of our mini adventure...
 

This pretty much sums up our excursions for the week.  It seems kind of bland compared to the first two weeks, but I don't think it's good to have too much excitement on a daily basis!  

Below are some random pictures I took as we encountered life in Hawaii.  Some are sweet, some are odd, and some are funny....enjoy  :)
A family group performing the "Hula Dance" on Waikiki Beach
Jaden's footprints in the sand before the ocean washed them away!
Any guesses here as to what Jaden is thinking as he's watching these boys jump?  
Even the license plates are pretty!
Waikiki sunset behind a beach volleyball game
A normal thing to do?  This dog surfed plenty of waves!
Fireworks again?  They must be very happy we're here!
Not my photo, just my way of saying goodbye!





No comments:

Post a Comment